A Two-Day Workshop Friday & Saturday 11 & 12 October 2019 (9.00am – 4.30pm)
COUPLES THERAPY & TRAUMA
This Two-Day Workshop, conducted by ROSEMARY WATKINS, is for professionals exploring Couples Therapy and the impact on the relationship where one or both partners have experienced a traumatic event. The workshop also explores couples’ relationships where at least one person is suffering from PTS or PTSD
Workshop participants can benefit from understanding:
- An overview of Trauma and its types
- An understanding of the differences between Traumatic Stress, Post -Traumatic Stress and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Increased understanding and working therapeutically with guilt, anger, flashbacks and memory.
- An exploration of the impact of trauma on the couple’s relationship and the various ways it might be experienced.
- Sexual healing in the couple’s relationship, when the trauma is linked to sexual abuse in childhood.
- The place of loss and grief in Trauma and the potential for the ‘rescue and restoration of the relationship’…..as a safe place…..where healing can occur and intimacy, trust, and connection can be restored.
The workshop draws on concepts from Systems Theory, Attachment Theory, Grief and Trauma Theories, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Internal Family Systems (IFS) and Body- Centred approaches in working with trauma.
Rosemary has delivered this workshop previously in Perth and internationally where it was very well received. Some participant comments to ‘what they liked most’ include:
- Valuable view of trauma and impact on couples presented
- Very informative
- Rosemary’s knowledge, experience and competency
- The mix of theory and experiential work
- Case study linked to models of working with trauma
- Trauma theory and the case studies…. .Clear theoretical concepts
- Clear, well-thought out and delivered
- The roleplay and subsequent discussion
The two-day approach offers the opportunity to consolidate the theory and link it to practice.
Participants: Maximum 20 participants
Fees: Regular: $506 (Includes GST) if paid after Friday 13 September 2019
Earlybird: $462 (Includes GST) if paid by Friday 13 September 2019
Fees include morning & afternoon tea & coffee as well as a light lunch
Venue: Conference Room (upstairs) 544 William Street MOUNT LAWLEY (Cnr Chelmsford Rd).
Date: Friday and Saturday 11th & 12th October 2019 (9.00am – 4.30pm)
Facilitator: ROSEMARY WATKINS (Training Staff Member William Street Family Therapy Centre)
Enquiries: Secretary, William Street Family Therapy centre 544 William St, Mt Lawley WA 6050
Cancellation policy: No cancellations possible, but place transferable to a third party
Registration: R. Watkins 2-Day ‘Couples Therapy and Trauma’ Workshop 11 & 12 October 2019
Phone (H):______________Phone (W):_______________Email:_____________________________
Make Cheques payable to: William Street Family Therapy Centre, 544 William St, Mount Lawley WA 6050
EFT Payment: Into Westpac Bank BSB #: 036 045; Account #: 103606
Website: www.wsftc.com.au/upcoming courses.aspx for more info