A One-Day Workshop Saturday 29 September 2018 (8.30am – 4.30pm)
Working with Families where Mental Illness &/or Drug & Alcohol Abuse are core issues
Rosemary Watkins invites you to join her for this one-day workshop exploring issues of mental illness and drug/alcohol abuse from a family focussed approach. Some knowledge of systems theory is desirable but not essential.
At the conclusion of the workshop you will have explored ways to:
- Identify the skills necessary to engage in dialogue with couples or families when living with a mental health issue or drug /alcohol abuse issue
- Identify and implement the conversational skills required to work from a family focused approach.
- Assist a young person and their family members to recognise the various ‘parts’ of themselves and each other that have become locked into unhelpful patterns of relating
- Assist a young person and their family members to explore creative ways to think about the place of self-harm and suicide ideation in a person’s life.
- Empower clients and their families to take charge of their own healing
Participants: Maximum 16 participants
Fees: Regular: $275 (Includes GST) if paid after 31 August 2018 (includes lunch, tea & coffee)
Earlybird: $242 (Includes GST) if paid by 31 August 2018 (includes lunch, tea & coffee)
Venue: Conference Room (upstairs) 544 William Street MOUNT LAWLEY (Cnr Chelmsford Rd).
Date: Saturday 29 September 2018 (8.30am –4.30pm)
Enquiries: Secretary, William Street Family Therapy centre 544 William St, Mt Lawley WA 6050
Cancellation policy: No cancellations possible, but place transferable to a third party
Facilitator: ROSEMARY WATKINS MA Human Services (Training Staff at William Street Family Therapy Centre) is an experienced therapist, trainer and group facilitator; she is a Registered Supervisor and Clinical member of AAFT (Australian Association of Family Therapy) and holds registration with The Psychotherapy & Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). Rosemary works in private practice from Applecross and Mount Lawley and she has provided training and education in tertiary and private settings in Perth in addition to several International locations. Rosemary aims to share her knowledge in a relaxed, informative way that holds an intention of promoting the development of a more confident and encouraged practitioner, who is willing to explore a deepening of his/her own creative energy in the clinical setting.
Registration: R. Watkins 1-Day ‘Working with Families where Mental Illness &/or Drug & Alcohol Abuse are core issues’ Workshop 29 Sept 2018
Phone (H):______________Phone (W):_______________Email:_____________________________
I enclose a cheque for $275/$242
Please make cheques payable to: William Street Family Therapy Centre
Or Pay by EFT BSB: 036045; Acct#: 103606 (record your name on deposit)
Please return this form to: William Street Family Therapy Centre
544 William Street, Mount Lawley. Western Australia 6050